Monday, December 12, 2016

Conclusion Reflection

It is the final week of this class. I have really loved what I have learned in this class. When this class first began I didn't know what to expect to learn but walking away from this class I realize I have learned a lot more than I expected to. I am grateful for the things this taught class me. 

One of the most beneficial things I learned in this class was about the variety of different disabilities students may have. There are can emotional disabilities students are faced with, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental disabilities. In regards to this section of learning, one of the things that benefited me most personally was learning about speech and language problems that children have. I have shared this before but my dream is to be a speech and language pathologist. Although I know a little about children with these special needs, this class introduced me to more about programs that help these children. I was also able to review more about what can cause this in children and how we can best help these children as they continue their education. This part was really great for me and I enjoyed what I learned, I hope to be able to apply it in my future soon. 

Another section we learned about that gave me great insight was learning more about student behavior. I think I enjoyed learning about this because I could think of various examples in my life where I have seen my peers act in these ways. It was interesting for me to learn about ways to help them and why this may happen. I can see that as a teacher this may become a problem and you would want to make sure you understood how to deal with it. 

Overall, I have to say this class taught me that most importantly it truly is about helping the one. This class gave me such a better understanding of ways to be Christlike and truly give the help and support to those students that may need it the most. I can see that as we go out of our way to help our students find success this is what Christ would want us to do. I know that he loves his children that may struggle so much and he wants us to be a special instrument in their life to give them the help they need. 

I am so glad that I was able to take this class and learn so much from it. I hope to use the things I learned here in real life and remember to help the one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment